Monday, November 17, 2014

#makethecase

Have you ever heard of Make the Case?
Have you ever heard of the Book Worm Angels Program?
How about Open Books?

Well, I had not....UNTIL about a week ago.  A friend asked me to come decorate a bookshelf in the Logan Square Auditorium last Friday evening.  I said, decorate, SURE!  I love to be creative, but had NO CLUE what to expect.  Well, this experience was a breath of fresh air and something I had never done before.  I am definitely glad I stepped outside of my comfort zone and took my friend up on her offer.  :)  To think that we decorated a bookshelf that will now be donated to a Chicago area classroom in order to help a student be inspired to read... truly. remarkable.  Makes me smile.
http://www.open-books.org/make-the-case-2014/
#makethecase





Full house!



The winner!  Reading is Awesome!  :)  Yes, it was meant to be sung to the tune in the Lego Movie. 



I think this is awesome!  We made those cases to brighten a student's interest in books, books, books!
 


Just using the materials on that table...I would say we did a great job!  :)





Some of the other cases!! :)








And after the work was done, we had a little fun in the photo booth!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment